When it comes to dieting and losing weight, it’s never all that easy. Fitness experts almost always try to make it sound like a walk in the park if we will just follow their advice. The ones who write stuff like “Top 10 Weight Loss Tips” are the worst – maybe even a little evil – as they casually lead us down this yellow brick road with a wink and a smile. Just follow these 10 tips and together we’ll be holding hands, skipping and singing while the fat just melts away.
Ok, I’m half kidding. Losing weight sucks and we all know it. I’ll be the first to admit that voluntarily forcing myself to abstain from food was never high on my list of fun things to do. But losing weight doesn’t have to be a traumatic, pain-filled torture session either. There are a number of small, easy-to-follow ideas that can help dramatically in reducing the suffering from our self-imposed starvation.
In this article you’ll find 10 of my favorite techniques to help you stay focused and on track with your weight loss program. Forget the days of sipping cabbage soup in the morning and coffee enemas in the evening. You only need 2 or 3 of these simple tips in your arsenal to get through those weak moments.
I’ve created these tips over the past 6 years of reviewing different cleansing and weight loss programs and especially over the past two; plus years being an Independent Associate with Isagenix, helping people to reach their goals and burn fat by cleansing toxins and impurities from their body.
1. Eat A Big Healthy Breakfast: By making breakfast your biggest meal, you give yourself a much better chance of not feeling hungry during the day. A big breakfast will set the tone for a higher metabolism as your body detects these nutritious calories as an energy source for all of the day’s activities.
2. Grab Some Healthy Snacks: Start eating 4 to 6 times a day, by eating healthy snacks in between meals. Not only will it curb your appetite between meals, but it will continue to provide fuel for an increased metabolism.
3. Eat Two Pieces Of Fruit Before 7PM: Fruits are filled with nutrients, fiber and water. Not only are they filling, helping us with our hunger, but they’re good for us! Fruits tend to have a lot of sugars though, so try to eat them during the day when you are more likely to burn them off.
4. Take Fiber Supplements Before Meals: Fiber supplements mixed with water are a great way to fill your tummy. Psyllium taken with water will expand in your stomach and leave you feeling full. Not only that, but it helps ensure that you get enough fiber grams each day.
5. Munch On Raw Veggies: Nibbling on raw vegetables is just another way to easily graze on healthy foods throughout the day. Filled with nutritional value and fiber, raw vegetables will also expand in your stomach, removing much of those dreaded hunger pangs.
6. Drink More Water: Not only is drinking two to three liters of water per day a good idea, but with an increased diet of fiber, as has been suggested in several of these tips, additional hydration is very important.
7. Choose Good Carbs: Carbohydrates fall into two basic categories: fast burning and slow burning. For instance, oatmeal is slow burning, while processed cereals tend to be fast burning. White potatoes are fast burning, yet sweet potatoes are slow burning. If you are not familiar with the differences in carbohydrates, do some research and know what your choices are.
8. Write Down Everything You Eat: Keeping a journal where you record everything you eat is a great way to keep in the front of your mind, every day, what you are eating. Let your journal become the truth serum of the calories you consume each day.
9. Exercise, Exercise, Exercise: Put together an exercise plan that makes sense to you, and try to exercise everyday – even if it’s just a walk around the block. Consistent exercise will get you where you want to be in the shortest amount of time. Isn’t that what we want anyway?
10. Get Eight Hours Of Sleep: Much of the body’s growth hormone is released while we sleep. Growth hormone is responsible for a leaner, more youthful physique, and sleeping well every night will maximize its production. Why do you think babies sleep all the time? No matter how busy your schedule is, try going to bed a little earlier at night and develop good sleep habits.